PADI Enriched Air Diver Course. (speciality)
- Related Products
Scuba Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba diving course, and it’s easy to see why. Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression dive time. This means more time underwater, especially on repetitive scuba dives.
The Fun Part
You can typically stay down longer and get back the water sooner. No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Enriched Air Diver course.
What You Learn
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear. Your dive regulator. must be enriched air compatible.
Check with your local dive shop about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find most everything at the scuba diving shop in your area.
To enroll in the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, you must
- Be 15 years or older
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
Ask your PADI Instructor about how you can start your PADI Enriched Air Diver course during your PADI Open Water Diver course.
The Learning Materials You Need
The Enriched Air Diver crewpak includes all required materials* to complete PADI’s Enriched Air Diver specialty. The Enriched Air Diver Manual covers the procedures for diving with Enriched Air (up to 40%) and the Enriched Air Diving video on DVD demonstrates step-by-step how to plan a dive using multiple dive tables. The crewpak also includes the 32%, 36% and the DSAT Oxygen Exposure tables.
* The RDPTM used in the PADI Open Water Diver course is required but not included with this crewpak.
To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
Your Next Adventure
Diving with enriched air nitrox benefits all types of diving, but it goes especially well with these specialties:
- PADI Wreck Diver course – Popular wrecks tend to be deeper, so enriched air nitrox maximizes your exploration time.
- PADI Deep Diver course – The deeper you dive, the shorter your no stop time – but enriched air nitrox increases it, giving your more time at depth
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer – Photographers usually like to make several dives so they can get lots of pictures. Enriched air nitrox reduces the amount of residual nitrogen you accumulate, allowing repetitive dives to be longer.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver The PADI Enriched Air Diver course counts toward your Master Scuba Diver rating -- the highest non professional rating in recreational diving.