Swimming at Eight Acre Lake
Swimming is allowed all year round during opening times at Eight Acre Lake.
Covid-19 Update - To come swimming at Eight Acre Lake you MUST book online below as admission to the lake will be limited. Please do not book if you have any symptoms, feeling unwell or are suffering from Covid-19.
By booking you agree to follow 2 metre social distancing guidlines set out by the government and Eight Acre Lake.
Open water swimming is becoming more and more popular, whether it is for fun, fitness or you are training for your next triathlon, Eight Acre Lake is the perfect location!
While swimming we appreciate you following our rules, these are:
- Use hand sanitizers before entering and leaving the site
- Observe social distancing and all on-site markings and notices - "I didn't see it" will not be accepted! Note - the changing rooms and public area of the cafe are not available. Please change at your car. The toilets are only available to one person entering the block at a time.
- Whenever out of the water face coverings (nose and mouth) must be worn
- Avoid touching surfaces wherever possible
- Admittance is by prepaid, online booking only.
- Arrive and leave within your time slot - note, the gate will be closed 15 minutes after time slot start. Later arrival will be refused without refund!
- To wear adequate thermal protection
- Have some form of buoyancy either an exposure suit or tow a float, these are both available to buy from our on site shop.
- Follow our swim route - swim close to the edge of the lake in a clockwise rotation.
As you can see from the image above we have outstanding water quality at Eight Acre Lake so there is lots to see on your way around. As a rough guide 3 laps of the lake is equivalent to a mile.
Opening Times - as per booking slots
COVID-19 ... The changing rooms will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. Please change at your car. Car parking is reserved for you outside the main gate - with social distancing. Use of the toilets will be available again with social distancing. Only one person at a time in the building. Please observe the engaged lights outside the main door. Please wait outside keeping at least 2 meters apart.
Our on site dive shop also stocks many items for swimmers including products from Aquasphere and Dryrobe.
- £6.00 per session
- 20% Discount with Loyalty Swimming Card
You can find upto date water temperatures here.
Book your swim pass below - Press the + symbol to see the time slot of either AM or PM